1 Job Available
|Posted:||March 9, 2018|
You love relationship building and design equally and are looking for an opportunity to test your mettle. At KAD (Kitchen Art Design and Skidmore Group (parent company)), we dig challenging the status quo and are anchored by 70 years of experience coupled with building great teams and brands. If your calling is to make the world more beautiful one home at a time, we’ve got the challenge for you.
We are on the hunt for a Design Consultant with at least three years of professional experience building relationships and executing remarkable designs. We are looking for some show & tell where you’ve inspired clients and have managed with ease, with some impressive results to back it up.
- You have the ability to translate insights into actions with customers and stakeholders
- You love learning personally and professionally and you seek to always improve and better yourself
- You can see the bigger picture at 30,000 feet and can zero in on the details without getting stuck
- You’re personable and know how and when to turn on your networking skills
- You desire to work in a fast-paced team and drive change with multiple projects that contribute to the greater good of the organization
- You have a track record of excellent relationship management and proven results
- You’re a technology titan and love experimenting with new systems and processes, i.e Autocad, 20/20, Excel and Office, Cabinet Vision, Houzz, Facebook, Instagram
- You’re proficient with interpreting third-party architectural and design drawings, with a strong sense of aesthetics
- You have the willingness to learn and live the organizational values
What You'll Get To Do
- Build meaningful relationships with homeowners and contractors
- Create beauty from your designs and value through your process
- Exceed customer expectations in showroom experience on a weekly basis
- Research, plan, and execute against leading and lagging indicators
- Delight the customer through a full-cycle of interaction (first contact, design stage, project installation and completion)
- Deliver our customer’s vision through knowledgeable consultation throughout the entire process
- Review files for completeness of information and correct discrepancies
- Produce accurate estimates of submitted projects
- Communicate with site and production staff with regards to installation and design requirements
- Assist relevant parties in troubleshooting any issues pertaining to an order
- Scheduling appointments and meetings with clients and contractors
- Identify industry trends and communicate findings to the team
About Kitchen Art Design
Located in Surrey, British Columbia, Kitchen Art Design is an established provider of custom cabinetry in the Greater Vancouver Area. With over 20 years of experience, the talented in –house design consultants provide in-depth experience and knowledge of the industry and are committed to achieving the visions for the company. Kitchen Art Design is now ready to increase market share and develop a path to becoming one of the most preferred kitchen cabinet companies in British Columbia. For more information visit www.kitchenartdesign.com.
About The Skidmore Group
What is now Skidmore Group began its history over 70 years ago, right after the Second World War, as a glass shop started by two brothers, Art and Herb Skidmore, in New Westminster, BC.
Relentless work ethics and an eye for opportunities allowed the brothers to open a few shops around Lower Mainland, eventually growing throughout British Columbia and across Western Canada. In 1967, having just graduated university, Art’s son, Allan Skidmore, joined the company. His business acumen was speaking for itself, leading the company’s expansion to the East Coast in 1972. By then, it was called Trans Canada Glass International (TCGI).
The Skidmore family, however, was not driven by the automotive glass industry. Rather, their entrepreneurial spirit kept their mind open for an opportunity to present itself. In 1985, the nascent wireless communications industry looked risky, but promising. It seemed like a business challenge to take on. Together with Ted Rogers and his group, TCGI created Speedy Cellular, which was successfully sold a few years later and led to forming another communications company, Glentel, that would be pivotal to TCGI’s future.
Since the 90’s, Skidmore Group has consistently grown in value year-over-year. In this decade glass operations grew and were present across the globe, employing thousands of people, through brands such as Speedy Glass, Novus Glass, and Autostock. When the growth slowed down in 2005, TCGI sought to reinvent itself and sold its glass operations in Canada to the world’s largest glass company D'Ieteren.
Throughout the years, the Skidmore family believed in staying true to the basics of business, being humble and hardworking, all of which guided their decisions. A major turn of events happened in 2015, when Glentel was acquired by Canadian communication networks Bell and Rogers. The influx of capital allowed for further expansion and diversification, investing in industries as diverse as home renovation, millwork, finance, and health. In 2016, to reflect the shift in vision, TCGI was officially made a subsidiary of a new diversified holding company, Skidmore Group.