Thank you to everyone who joined us via Instagram Live for our inaugural episode of Cooking with KAD featuring Kara Lindstrom and Dean Lunn!
In this episode we covered:
- Replacing vs Refacing your cabinetry
- How long a kitchen renovation typically takes
- Some kitchen features we’d recommend
- Where to start on a kitchen renovation
- What to bring with you when meeting with a kitchen designer
- Kid-friendly materials
- Some features of the main kitchen vignette in our Coquitlam showroom
If you missed this episode, you can watch it on our IGTV here!
For those asking, we’ve provided the “fancy” boxed mac and cheese recipe that we cooked in the episode below.
Charlie’s Fancy Kraft Dinner
1 box Kraft Dinner (or any boxed mac and cheese)
2 tbsp. butter or margarine
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup shredded cheese
1 green onion, chopped
1 fresh pepper grinder (with peppercorns inside)
1 tbsp. chili flakes (or to taste)
1/8 cup parmesan cheese
- In a pot, bring 6 cups of salted water to a rolling boil.
- Open your box of mac and cheese, take the sauce packet out, and leave it to the side for now.
- Dump the dry pasta into the pot of boiling water. Cook pasta to al dente.
- Strain the pasta.
- Place the empty pot back on the burner you were using and then turn the burner/stove OFF.
- Once strained, pour your cooked pasta back into the pot.
- Take the sauce packet that was previously on the side and dump the contents on top of your pasta.
- Now add the butter, milk, cheese, green onion, and chili flakes. Mix until there are no lumps, the cheese and butter have all melted, and there is no milk pooled at the bottom of the pot.
- Top with parmesan and fresh pepper to taste.
With the success and of the pilot episode of Cooking with KAD, we’d love to do it again for you! Let us know what YOU would like to see and we would love to make it happen.
If you are ready to get started on your project, book an Online Design Consultation here!