The Business Development Team at Kitchen Art Design are looking for a Designer to support them with the many clients they work with. As they develop and nurture the customer relationships, you will bring your skills to bear on meeting with the customer at one of our showrooms (Coquitlam and Richmond) and assist them in selecting all the necessary pieces to bring their kitchen and bath dreams to life. You will be counted on to draw out the plan on our Cabinet Vision software and work with the team to present back to the customer.
You have a passion for making customers happy, solving their problems, and guiding them through the stressful process of kitchen renovations. You are deeply interested in interior and kitchen design, and are looking to learn, grow and develop yourself as a Designer. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment which is continuously looking to do things better. At KAD (Kitchen Art Design), we dig challenging the status quo and are anchored by 70 years of experience coupled with building great teams and brands. If your calling is to make the world more beautiful one home at a time, we’ve got the challenge for you.
We are on the hunt for a Kitchen and Bath Design Support person with at least three years of professional experience executing remarkable designs. We are looking for some show & tell where you’ve inspired clients and have managed with ease, with some impressive results to back it up.
What you are like:
- You are naturally interested in people and able to connect with them by asking questions.
- You have a passion for Interior and/or Kitchen Design.
- You are computer-savvy and comfortable with new technology and software.
- You have used design software 20-20, AutoCAD, Cabinet Vision or other.
- You have very strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- You are extremely comfortable communicating over all channels (phone, email, web).
- You are a true problem solver, who thinks quickly on their feet.
- You are customer oriented.
- You have a willingness to learn and receive training in Kitchen Design.
- You have demonstrated experience (minimum of 3 years) in Kitchen and Bath industry as a Designer or Design Support.
- Focused and organized with an ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- You’re proficient with interpreting third-party architectural and design drawings, with a strong sense of aesthetics.
- Team player, sense of humor required.
What we are like:
- A fast-growing and well-established kitchen company that is trying to do things differently.
- A small and nimble team rallying behind one single problem: how do we make buying a kitchen enjoyable for the customer and exceed expectations throughout the process?
- We provide employees a base salary plus commissions with benefits designed to give you the rest, wellness, security, development, and safety you need:
- Health Services – drugs, dental, mental health services
- RRSP Matching
- Training & Development
What can you expect to be responsible for:
- Helping customers finalize their Kitchen Design in our Cabinet Vision software, addressing all of customer concerns or questions re. design options, material selection, etc.
- Meeting with customers in Showroom, On-Site or Virtually.
- Reviewing customer-generated designs for design-flaws and adherence to kitchen design best-practices.
- Finalizing Customer Proposals based on Kitchen Art Designs standardized pricing structure.
- Using the company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to keep track of validation requests, sales status, and all customer communication.
- Live the brand and company culture; providing customers with an accessible, empowering, inspiring and fun experience when buying a kitchen.
- Ensuring immediate and timely follow-up to all Customer enquiries.
- Creating a continuous improvement loop that will increase effectiveness of transforming incoming enquiries into actual projects, working closely together with all stakeholders in the organization.
- Liaising with purchasing to source custom paint colours, stains, hardware etc.
- Any related job-responsibilities as per the discretion of the Manager.
- Build meaningful relationships with homeowners, contractors and internal customers.
- Create beauty from your designs and value through your process.
- Exceed customer expectations in showroom/on-site presentations.
- Deliver our customer’s vision through knowledgeable consultation throughout the entire process.
- Review files for completeness of information and correct discrepancies.
- Produce accurate estimates of submitted projects.
- Scheduling appointments and meetings with clients and contractors.
- Identify industry trends and communicate findings to the team.
- Communicate with site and production staff with regards to installation and design requirements.
- Assist relevant parties in troubleshooting any issues pertaining to an order.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Team Lead, Business Development. This position will be situated in Coquitlam at 1200 Lougheed Highway and/or remote.
Due to the vast number of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Located in Surrey, British Columbia, Kitchen Art Design is an established provider of custom cabinetry in the Greater Vancouver Area. With over 20 years of experience, the talented in –house design consultants provide in-depth experience and knowledge of the industry and are committed to achieving the visions for the company. Kitchen Art Design is now ready to increase market share and develop a path to becoming one of the most preferred kitchen cabinet companies in British Columbia. For more information visit www.kitchenartdesign.com.